Patrick's experience includes domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, private equity, capital markets, and black economic empowerment and indigenisation transactions. He also advises domestic and multinational companies in relation to their day-to-day corporate governance and regulatory issues.
He is an accomplished domestic and international speaker on the topic of mining law and has been recognised as a 'leading lawyer' in Who's Who Legal (Mining) 2019.
Patrick's recent experience includes advising:
- Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited in relation to the acquisition of AngloGold Ashanti's Moab Khotsong operations in South Africa
- CMOC on the acquisition of Freeport's indirect 56% interest in the world-class Tenke Fungurume copper-cobalt mine in DRC for US$2.65 billion
- acting for a consortium of investors, including Stanlib, WIPHold and the Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa on the acquisition of a majority stake in AFGRI's grain silo infrastructure portfolio and grain business
- Nkholi Consolidated Investments in respect of its ZAR 760 million purchase of Peregrine Securities creating Legae Peresec, South Africa’s largest securities trading business
- Norilsk Nickel in the sale of its US$ 279 million interest in the Nkomati Joint Venture to BCL Limited and the resultant disputes which have emanated from the transaction