Patrick is a senior associate within the Herbert Smith Freehills' Projects and Energy team in Tokyo. Patrick specialises in oil and gas, energy and resources projects, acquisitions and divestments and governance. He regularly advises clients in relation to their projects and assets in numerous jurisdictions and has a particular focus on joint venture and governance arrangements, sale and purchase and farmin agreements, offtake and supply agreements, project and joint development agreements and operational agreements.
Patrick has advised:
- Sumitomo Metal Mining on its joint US$400 million divestment (along with Vale Canada Limited) of a 20% interest in PT Vale Indonesia Tbk to Indonesian state-owned enterprise MIND-ID
- The North West Shelf Joint Venture on the transition from joint equity lifting of LNG
- Origin Energy on the AUD $1.15b sale of Lattice Energy to Beach Energy
- POSCO in relation to its equity investment into Pilbara Minerals Limited and related offtake arrangements
- ConocoPhillips in relation to the sale of its interest in the Greater Sunrise LNG Project
Patrick holds bachelor degrees in law (honours) and history from the University of Notre Dame Australia and was admitted to practice in Australia in 2013. He was previously based in the firm's Perth office before joining the Tokyo practice in September 2019.
Patrick is a licensed Registered Foreign Lawyer (Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi) in Japan.