Pamela specialises in large, complex, cross-border internal and regulatory investigations and disputes.
Pamela has broad sector experience, spanning national and global energy majors, international and regional investment banks and other financial services providers, transport companies, and manufacturers and clients in the technology and telecommunications sectors.
She regularly designs and delivers anti-bribery, corruption and compliance training to clients across Asia and has delivered presentations to several financial institutions and multinational companies on their cyber readiness and cyber response plans.
Originally a partner in the firm's London international litigation and arbitration team, Pamela joined the Corporate Crime and Investigations team in Hong Kong in 2012 as a Senior Consultant, relocating to Singapore in late 2014.
Pamela's experience includes advising:
- an investment bank on a multi-jurisdictional anti-corruption investigation in Asia
- a European bank on recovery of funds stolen as a result of a cyber attack
- a large food processing company in Asia on an investigation of its businesses in Vietnam, Singapore and the Philippines
- several multinational companies in the energy, consumer and infrastructure sectors on their anti-corruption and anti-money laundering policies and compliance programmes across Asia
- design and delivery of training on anti-corruption, sanctions and bribery issues to multinational companies in the energy, consumer and infrastructure sectors
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 1994, Pamela worked as a German lawyer in a German law firm in Hamburg acting mostly for German corporate clients both on contentious and non-contentious matters.
Pamela was also a senior lecturer with the College of Law for six years lecturing on English and foreign lawyer programmes.