Pablo is a corporate partner with expertise in private and public M&A transactions with a strong focus on private equity (in particular, LBOs and MBOs). Based in Madrid, Pablo advises leading Spanish and foreign entities, primarily in relation to corporate transactions, M&A and joint ventures.
Pablo joined the firm as senior associate in the Corporate practice in 2009 and was promoted to partner in May 2015. Previously, he worked at other major law firms.
Pablo’s experience includes advising:
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the disposal of Axión Infraestructuras de Telecomunicaciones
- Oaktree on the €740 million portfolio comprising Spanish and Portuguese commercial real estate properties held by FMS Wertmanagement
- Magnum Capital Industrial Partners on the disposal of Centro Médico Teknon and on the acquisition of Iberchem Group and Orliman Group
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) on its €417 million acquisition of a one-third stake in Acciona Energía International
- Telefónica on the sale of O2 to Hutchinson Whampoa
- Antin Infrastructure Partners and RREEF Infrastructure on the €830 million acquisition of a 90% stake in two thermosolar plants owned by ACS
His expertise in corporate practice is highlighted through listings in Chambers Europe and Legal 500. He has been recognised as a leading lawyer in corporate and M&A by Chambers Europe and Best Lawyers. Prior to his promotion to partner, he was ranked as ‘Associate to Watch’ by Chambers Europe (Spain) since 2012.
Pablo is valued by clients, particularly due to his personality, strong work ethic and ability to sift through the minutiae and come up with commercially relevant insights. He attracts particular praise for his “calm approach, even when under pressure and the deadlines are extremely tough” and “ability to cut through the issues”.
Pablo has an LLM at the IE Business School in Madrid and since 2010 and 2015 he has been professor of private equity and cross-border M&A, respectively, at the LLM at such business school.
He speaks Spanish, English and Catalan.