Pablo is a corporate partner with expertise in private and public M&A transactions with a strong focus on private equity (in particular, LBOs and MBOs). Based in Madrid, Pablo advises leading Spanish and foreign entities, primarily in relation to corporate transactions, M&A and joint ventures.
Pablo joined the firm as senior associate in the Corporate practice in 2009 and was promoted to partner in May 2015. Previously, he worked at other major law firms.
Pablo’s experience includes, among others:
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on all legal aspects related to the disposal of Axión Infraestructuras de Telecomunicaciones to AMP Capital
- Oaktree Capital on the acquisition and financing of a €740 million mortgage loan portfolio comprising Spanish and Portuguese commercial real estate properties held by FMS Wertmanagement (Project Gaudí)
- Magnum Capital Partners on the sale of Centro Médico Teknon, a leading hospital in the Spanish private healthcare sector
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) on its €417 million acquisition of a one-third stake in Acciona Energía International, a Spanish company focused on operating the renewables assets of Acciona Group outside of Spain
- Telefónica on the intended €13,5 billion sale of O2 to Hutchinson Whampoa
- Antin Infrastructure Partners jointly with RREEF Infrastructure, on all legal aspects related to the acquisition of a 90% equity interest in Andasol-1 and Andasol 2, two thermosolar power plants from ACS in Spain
His expertise in corporate practice is highlighted through listings in Chambers Europe and Legal 500. He has been recognised as a leading lawyer in corporate and M&A by Chambers Europe and Best Lawyers. Prior to his promotion to partner, he was ranked as ‘Associate to Watch’ by Chambers Europe (Spain) since 2012.
Pablo is valued by clients, particularly due to his personality, strong work ethic and ability to sift through the minutiae and come up with commercially relevant insights. He attracts particular praise for his “calm approach, even when under pressure and the deadlines are extremely tough” and “ability to cut through the issues”.
Pablo has an LLM at the IE Business School in Madrid and since 2010 and 2015 he has been professor of private equity and cross-border M&A, respectively, at the LLM at such business school.
He speaks Spanish, English and Catalan.