His main focus are M&A transactions, generally advising private equity funds and other financial buyers on all types of leveraged M&A including private acquisitions, carve-outs, consortium deals, portfolio assistance, distressed acquisitions and disposals.
Pablo’s experience includes, among others:
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the €850 million acquisition of Ufinet Spain, a fibre optic wholesale operator in Spain
- Lyntia Networks, a portfolio company of Antin Infrastructure Partners, on (i) the acquisition of a right of use over c. 57% of the Iberdrola's optic fibre network (15,000 km) and the assignment of the contractual position held by different entities belonging to the group of companies of which Iberdrola, is the parent company under the optic fibre customer contracts pursuant to a competitive auction sale process known as Project Spider and (ii) on a right of use over part of Endesa's optic fibre network (7,500 km) and the assignment of the contractual position held by differente entities belonging to the group of companies of which Endesa is the parent company under the optic fibre customer contracts pursuant to a competitive auction sale process known as Project Elora
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of a majority interest in Miya Group, a leading global efficiency-oriented water operator, from Bridgepoint
- Magnum Capital Partners on (i) the acquisition of 70% of Internetsia (ISDI - Instituto Superior para el Desarrollo de Internet) to jointly develop a new educational group, Digital Talent Group; (ii) on the acquisition of a majority stake in ISDE, a legal and finance educational institution that will also be integrated within Digital Talent Group ; and (iii) on the acquisition, through Internetsia, of 100% of the share capital of ESERP Business & Law School and its Foundation, with centres in Barcelona, Mallorca and Madrid, from its current shareholders
- Magnum Industrial Partners on (i) the acquisition of a majority stake in ITA Clinic BCN, a leading company in the Spanish healthcare sector, located in Barcelona, Spain and (ii) on the disposal of ITA Mental Health, a leading company in mental health treatments in Spain, to the French company Korian, one of the European leading groups in the nursing homes sector
- Asterion Industrial Partners on the acquisition of Telefónica group's radio-links network in Spain from Telefónica de España and Telefónica Móviles España
- DIF Infrastructure on the €76 million acquisition of 33.34% of OHL's stake in the New Toledo hospital PPP project, considered the largest hospital complex in Europe
- DIF Infrastructure on the acquisition of Itevelesa, the second largest private Spanish provider of vehicle periodic technical inspection (PTI) services, with 72 inspection centres and 20 mobile units in 11 region
His expertise in corporate/M&A and private equity practices is highlighted through listings in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500. He has been also ranked as a leading lawyer in Corporate/M&A Law and Private Equity Law by Best Lawyers.
Pablo is valued by clients, particularly due to his personality, strong work ethic and ability to sift through the minutiae and come up with commercially relevant insights. He attracts particular praise for his “calm approach, even when under pressure and the deadlines are extremely tough” and “ability to cut through the issues”.
Pablo has an LLM at the IE Business School in Madrid and since 2010 and 2015 he has been professor of private equity and cross-border M&A, respectively, at the LLM at such business school.
He speaks Spanish, English and Catalan.