Polina is a corporate Associate in the firm’s Global Energy practice.
Polina focuses on advising clients on domestic and international power projects, energy and infrastructure projects and M&A for both bidders and sellers.
Having spent six months on secondment to the Nuclear New Build legal team at global energy firm EDF Energy, Polina is familiar with the demands and pressures facing in-house teams.
Prior to converting to law, Polina gained a B.A. (Hons) in Classics from Durham University.
Polina advises in both English and Russian.
Experience & expertise
- Origin Energy, an Australian-listed energy supply business, on its acquisition of a 20% stake in the UK-headquartered energy supplier, Octopus Energy, and its implementation of Octopus Energy’s Kraken energy technology platform
- Transmission Capital Partners on their bid and as preferred bidder for the East Anglia One offshore transmission network in the TR6 Ofgem auction round
- Transmission Capital Partners on their bid and as preferred bidder for the Rampion offshore transmission network in the TR5 Ofgem auction round
- Multi Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd and Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd on lending into an offshore wind project by carrying out related project due diligence
- a confidential international energy company on its potential acquisition of a biofuels business with assets across multiple jurisdictions, including Malaysia and Indonesia
Waste to energy (WtE)
- proposed joint venture between Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and FCC Environment for ownership and development of Europe’s largest waste to energy facility in the UK
- Plastic Energy, a global leader in chemical recycling, on its 2022 significant capital raise, including advising on transaction structuring and competition/anti-trust matters, conducting due diligence on its group structure and business, involving 9 jurisdictions