Pilar is Senior Associate in the finance practice.
Pilar has extensive experience in advising Spanish and international leading financial institutions and investors on a broad range of finance transactions including real estate and loan portfolio acquisitions and distressed assets trades. Likewise, Pilar has a large experience in capital market transactions, both equity and debt, including IPOs, rights issues, standalone debt issues and debt programme establishments, updates and drawdowns thereunder.
Pilar joined Herbert Smith Freehills' finance practice in January 2018 as a senior associate. Before joining, Pilar worked for eight years in different leading law firms in Spain.
Experience & expertise
- Aventicum Capital Management and Cygnus Capital on the indirect acquisition from SAREB of a portfolio comprising approximately 1,200 real estate properties through a Spanish banking assets fund (fondo de activos bancarios, FAB), a securitisation vehicle specifically created to aid the divestment mandate of SAREB (Project Esla)
- Deutsche Bank AG as lender on the Spanish law aspects of the financing to Cerberus to acquire a REOs portfolio from Sabadell (Project Challenger/Coliseum)
- A financial entity on the English and Spanish law aspects of the financing granted to the SOCIMI Tempore Properties Socimi for the acquisition of a real estate portfolio (Project Yoda)
- Pepper Assets Services on the public securitization transaction by virtue of which certain credit rights deriving from consumer loans have been repurchased and on-sell such receivables by virtue of the issuance of notes for a total amount of €223,400,000 to an Irish vehicle and notified as STS under the Securitisation Regulation (Project Aji)
- LCM Partners on the acquisition of a €130 million portfolio of secured and unsecured loans and REOs portfolio from Cajamar (Project Galleon)