Pilar is a senior associate in the competition and trade practice in the Madrid office.
She advises clients in a wide variety of Competition Law matters, mainly in investigations of cartels and abuses of a dominant position, in judicial appeals against the decisions of the competition authorities and in large merger control deals. She also provides preventative advice through the implementation of compliance programmes in competition law.
She is a regular contributor to the legal magazine La Ley Mercantil where she writes articles on competition law.
She has a dual degree in Law and Journalism and a dual master's degree for Admission to the bar and Business law (LLM) by Universidad CEU San Pablo (Spain). She speaks Spanish and English. She is a member of the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Experience & expertise
- a Spanish energy company on a cartel investigation, initiated by the CNMC, regarding bid rigging in public contracts for electromechanical systems in conventional and high-speed railway lines
- Europac, a leading paper and packaging company, in the appeal before the National Court against the decision of the CNMC in a cartel investigation. The court annulled the decision
- a multinational group in the railway industry and two of its directors on the appeals, before the National Court, against the decision of the CNMC regarding a cartel investigation
- an American film studio on an investigation of the CNMC against its local film distribution subsidiary and other entertainment companies, for anticompetitive practices in the Spanish film distribution market
- CAF on the antitrust and merger control aspects regarding the acquisition of the Reichshoffen production site in France and Coradia Polyvalent and TALENT3 train platforms in Germany from Alstom