Phoebe is an associate in the financial disputes and investigations team.
Phoebe is based in London and advises financial institutions and other corporate clients in relation to financial litigation and investigations. She has experience in a range of disputes involving the banking and financial services sectors, including those arising out of investment advice, structured finance transactions, consumer credit and commercial banking. Phoebe also assists clients with investigations and prosecutions relating to regulatory breaches, bribery and fraud.
Phoebe has spent time on secondment to the EMEA Litigation team at UBS, where she assisted with a variety of commercial disputes and internal and external investigations, and separately, to the Competition and Compliance team of Associated British Foods plc, a multinational food processing and retail company. Phoebe is currently on a second secondment to UBS's EMEA Litigation team.
Phoebe is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and the London Solicitor Litigation Association.
Phoebe studied English Literature and Politics at the University of Exeter, graduating with first class honours, before completing the GDL and LPC at BPP Law School in London.
She trained at Herbert Smith Freehills and qualified into the financial disputes and investigations team in 2019.
Experience & expertise
- Société Générale in regard to a US$1.5 billion claim by the Libyan Investment Authority in relation to a series of derivatives transactions, featuring allegations of bribery and making intimidating threats
- a leading UK-based bank in relation to a claim in the Business and Property Courts involving allegations of fraud
- a global investment bank regarding the criminal investigation and prosecution of a former employee for insider trading
- a global investment bank in respect of an internal investigation into the alleged mis-selling of derivatives, involving the FCA and other global regulators
- a global investment bank in respect of a claim in the Commercial Court arising out of alleged negligent advice and/or misstatement, as well as allegations of a failure to properly exercise its powers as mortgagee in possession
- a leading consumer credit firm in relation to enforcement by the FCA for alleged regulatory breaches in respect of the firm's affordability assessment
- a global financial services company in respect of an accountability review regarding the implementation of the firm's market abuse surveillance programme and its related engagement with its regulators