Phillip specialises in digital law, cyber security and emerging technologies.
Phillip is a technology lawyer with over 15 years’ experience in digital forensics and cyber security. Phillip advises clients on cyber security, data protection, emerging technology and technology-related transactions.
Phillip has a unique combination of legal, cyber, regulatory and investigative expertise. Phillip was an Australian Federal Police officer for 17 years, specialising in digital forensics and cybercrime investigation. Prior to joining HSF, he was a Senior Manager in Markets Enforcement at ASIC and technology lawyer and head of forensic technology at Corrs Chambers Westgarth.
Phillip has masters’ qualifications in law and information systems security. He is a Certified Computer Forensic Examiner, a Certified Information Systems Security Professional, and an Adjunct Professor at Deakin University’s Centre for Cyber Security and Innovation.
Experience & expertise
- assisting clients with the management of cyber security incidents (both legally and technically), including advising on regulatory compliance and engaging with insurers, forensic incident response providers, PR companies, law enforcement and regulators*
- advising clients on data protection, contractual and regulatory compliance, privacy, cyber resilience and incident response*
- providing cyber security, cyber risk, evidence collection, privacy and crisis management education and training to companies and their boards*
- undertaking cyber due diligence assessments for clients in regard to M&A transactions*
- drafting and negotiating various software, licensing, servicing and hosting agreements*
- forensic examinations of computers, mobile phones, storage devices and networks and giving evidence in over 100 cases*
* Experience was gained at a previous firm