Philip is a partner in our Sydney office advising clients on corporate and securities law.
Philip has advised leading investment banks, private equity funds, mining companies, utilities, health industry companies, telecommunications and media companies, state-owned enterprises and other Australian and international companies.
Philip holds a Masters degree in law and a Bachelor of Science with first class honours from the University of Sydney. He is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales.
He is a member of the Legal Roundtable for the International Institute for the Study of Cross-Border Investment and M&A sponsored by NYU Stern, Guanghua School of Management and the University of Cambridge.
He authored the Lexis Nexis Butterworths guide to Foreign Investment Regulation in Australia from 2010 to 2012.
Experience & expertise
- acting for Spark Infrastructure on its $400 million investment in DUET Group using a forward exchange and collar structure, and associated $200 million capital raising by Spark
- acting for Opal Aged Care on its establishment of an aged care/retirement living joint venture with Stockland
- acting for Propertylink on its establishment of the Propertylink Australian Industrial Partnership together with Goldman Sachs and Grosvenor, and PAIP’s subsequent acquisition of more than $500 million of industrial real estate assets
- acting for Perpetual in relation to its successful acquisition of The Trust Company for $280 million by way of a scheme of arrangement, in a contested bid process involving 2 competing bidders
- advising Lend Lease in relation to its successful defence of its APPF Industrial fund from a hostile bid by GPT