Phil is a Partner in the Projects and Project Finance division.
Phil acts for sponsors, lenders (including export credit agencies, multilaterals and Islamic banks) and procurers across a broad range of international project finance and projects work.
He has advised on projects across the Middle East and surrounding regions, specialising in the energy and infrastructure sectors, with a particular focus on power, water and wastewater, social infrastructure and transport.
Phil is rated as a "Rising Star" by IFLR1000, and "Up and Coming" by Chambers Global.
Phil holds a Master of Arts in French and German from the University of Oxford.
Experience & expertise
- the Fujairah F3 power project (awarded "Power Deal of the Year" for the Middle East and Africa region at the Project Finance International Awards 2020 and "MENA Power Deal of the Year" at the IJ Global Awards 2020), and other power projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Oman, Qatar, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Turkey, Bangladesh, Greece and Mozambique
- the Yanbu 4 water project (awarded "PPP Deal of the Year" for the Middle East and Africa region at the PFI Awards 2021 and "Utility Project of the Year" at the Middle East Energy Awards 2022), and other water and wastewater projects in Oman, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Chile
- the Noor 2 Street Lighting project in Abu Dhabi
- the strategic procurement and implementation of a new city development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- the development and financing of the Sharjah waste-to-energy project (awarded "Clean Energy Deal of the Year" for the Middle East and Africa region at the Project Finance International Awards 2018, "Structural Loan Deal of the Year" at the Bonds, Loans and Sukuk Middle East Awards 2018, and "Waste Deal of the Year" for the Middle East and North Africa region at the IJ Global Awards 2018)