Peter is an Associate in our general commercial disputes division in London.
Peter has advised clients on a broad range of commercial litigation and other forms of dispute resolution, particularly focussing on directors' duties, insolvency litigation, fraud and contractual disputes. Many of these disputes have been international in nature.
He has experience across a range of sectors, particularly shipping, financial services, asset management, insolvency and construction.
He has experience advising in relation to cross-border and domestic insolvency proceedings, multi-party High Court litigation and commercial arbitrations, including those involving complex matters of jurisdiction and conflict of laws.
Peter read History at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, graduating in 2015.
Peter trained at Herbert Smith Freehills in London and qualified as a solicitor in 2019.
Experience & expertise
- Certain of the former non-executive directors of Carillion plc in relation to all aspects of the insolvency of the Carillion Group, including advising in relation to appearances before Parliamentary Select Committees and successfully defending them in disqualification proceedings brought by the Secretary of State for Business and Trade
- Mirabaud & Cie SA in relation to claims in excess of US$200m against 41 defendants by the Kuwaiti Public Institution for Social Security regarding the defendants' alleged role in the creation and operation of various schemes involving PIFSS' former Director General;
- Sea Trucks Group Limited (in Liquidation) and related entities in relation to multinational disputes with the former management, shareholder and associate company of the group, resulting in over 100 proceedings worldwide
- advising a global international bank in an investigation in respect of allegations of discrimination and bullying on a trading desk;
- a London private bank in respect of a long running dispute and its customers in respect of default on a loan agreement and related restructuring, including assets based in France; and
- a UK bank in respect of complex matters of personal bankruptcy, arising from historic allegations of fraud.