Paul is an experienced competition and regulatory lawyer.
Paul is an experienced competition and regulatory lawyer with close to 20 years’ exposure to the competition landscape in Australia.
Having previously worked at the ACCC, Paul offers deep competition and regulatory insights and has an intimate understanding of the challenges faced by clients when addressing competition, consumer law, third-party access and regulatory issues. He advises across a range of sectors including telecommunications, infrastructure, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, mining and government.
Paul holds a Bachelor of Laws and Business (Economics) from Queensland University of Technology, and a Master of Laws and Graduate Diploma in Competition Law from Melbourne University.
Experience & expertise
- nbn Co Limited (nbn): Advising nbn on a range of competition and regulatory issues
- Tatts Group in respect of its acquisition by Tabcorp Holdings Limited (Tabcorp)
- Monsanto in relation to the Australian aspects of its global acquisition by Bayer AG
- Roche Australia on competition issues arising from existing and proposed product supply and marketing arrangements
- An Australian steel producer in relation to the ACCC's cartel investigation into the steel products industry in respect to which proceedings were subsequently filed against our client and other parties
- Northern Territory Government in relation to its competitive tender process for procuring the construction and operation of the North East Gas Interconnector gas transmission pipeline
- Woodside/Shell/Inpex/Chevron on the competition issues arising from their proposed collaboration and acted for them in seeking an authorisation from the ACCC in relation to their coordinating the scheduling of maintenance shutdowns at their LNG Facilities
- Port of Newcastle Operations Pty Ltd (PON): in respect of proceedings commenced in the Federal Court in November 2019 by Qube Ports Pty Ltd alleging breaches of s 46 of the CCA
- North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation (NQBPC) in relation to a pricing arbitration for the shipping of coal through the Abbot Point Coal Terminal