In addition to a broad range of advisory work, Ollie has worked on a number of strategic and large-scale commercial disputes in State and Federal courts for clients across a variety of industries.
He has acted for clients in judicial review proceedings, construction and infrastructure matters, contractual disputes and large-scale securities class actions. Ollie is also actively involved in a number of the Brisbane office’s pro bono initiatives, including volunteering at LawRight’s community legal clinics.
Having worked in HSF’s Tokyo office, Ollie has particular experience in complex cross-border disputes and international arbitrations (ICC and CIETAC arbitrations). He regularly works with teams across the HSF network in Australia and also with teams in Singapore, Hong Kong and Seoul.
Ollie’s recent experience includes:
- acting for a private equity firm in an ICC arbitration involving claims of fraud, misstatement and breach of warranty in relation to the sale of an insurance business;
- acting for a global corporate in a CIETAC international arbitration in relation to the supply of mining equipment
- advising ASX-listed corporates in relation to regulatory investigations
- advising a global construction contractor in relation to complex upstream and downstream disputes arising in connection with a major road infrastructure project
- assisting a major bank in its response to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
Ollie holds a Bachelor of Arts (International Relations) and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons IIA) from the University of Queensland, and a Master of Laws from Washington University in St Louis. Ollie was an Associate in the Supreme Court of Queensland before joining Herbert Smith Freehills.
Ollie is admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland and has worked in HSF’s Tokyo and Brisbane offices.