Olga has more than 15 years' experience in various types of finance and project finance and has worked on projects in Russia, Africa, Eastern and Western Europe.
She helps businesses – mainly in energy, natural resources, mining, infrastructure and banking sectors – structures bankable projects, raises or advances financing on project finance terms, analyses risk profile of projects and addresses all other ancillary issues arising from construction, project document, environment, sanctions and other regulatory issues.
Olga has played a major role on a number of "first of a kind" award-winning project finance deals which required innovative approach and structuring.
Olga also advises on corporate finance transactions, carry finance, trade finance deals and asset finance deals.
Clients consider Olga to be "really good at finding a solution acceptable to everyone" and as someone who "always gives commercial, thought-through and practical advice".
Сhambers Europe 2021 describes Olga as "very reliable and knowledgeable". The sources note her ability to find solutions to complex issues as a strength, with one of them saying: "She's efficient and straightforward. She can provide different options, which is helpful."
Olga's experience includes advising:
Gazprom Pererabotka Blagoveshchensk as the project company's legal adviser in connection with construction, procurement and financing of a gas processing plant in Amur region*
RusChemAlliance, a joint venture between Gazprom and RusGazDobycha, in connection with construction and financing of the integrated gas processing and LNG liquefaction project development in Ust-Luga, Russia*
VEB.RF, VEB.DV and VTB Bank on the US$2.8 billion project financing of the Nakhodka Mineral Fertilizer Plant*
VTB Bank on an up to US$180 million project financing of the construction of ore-dressing plant on the basis of Jerooy gold deposit in Kyrgyzstan*
GASTRANS d.o.o. Novi Sad as the project company's legal adviser on the project financing of the construction of the transmission gas pipeline from the border of Bulgaria across Serbia to the border of Hungary*
South Stream Transport B.V. (owned by Gazprom) on the €8.56 billion TurkStream sub-sea gas pipeline project, for the development of two offshore gas pipelines that will link Russia and Turkey via the Black Sea*
the commercial lenders and ECAs including Euler Hermes, EXIAR, JBIC, NEXI, SACE, SERV and VEB on the US$13 billion South Stream pipeline from Russia, through Turkish territorial waters, to Bulgaria*
Russian banks and the Russian Agency for Export Credit and Investment Insurance (EXIAR)* on construction and development of Tashkent Metallurgical Plant by Russian banks under EXIAR cover*
a major Russian bank on a syndicated bridge facility covered by ECA and provided to a company incorporated in the Republic of Uzbekistan to finance the modernisation of the gas transportation system of the Republic of Uzbekistan** Experience prior to February 2022
- "Extensive experience and tactics of negotiating with banks on the borrower’s side." - Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- "All the lawyers who accompanied us on the transaction skilfully defended our interests in negotiations with the bank, competently structured specially created documents for a specific situation. Available for a discussion 24/7." - Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- "Extensive experience in supporting a wide variety of financial transactions." - Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- "Knowledge of the market. Prompt response to customer requests." - Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- "International experience of the team; efficiency; knowledge of Russian law and the needs of both borrowers and lenders." - Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- "She anticipates questions and covers them, she's very client-oriented, she listens to clients," as well as noting: "She is a great negotiator, she finds good compromises." – Chambers Global 2020
- "She's efficient and straightforward. She can provide different options, which is helpful."- Chambers Europe 2020
Olga is English law qualified and has worked in Sydney and Moscow. Olga holds a Bachelor of Laws with honours from Flinders University of South Australia.