Oleri advises on energy M&A transactions, general corporate matters and major infrastructure projects.
Oleri joined Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2015 and previously worked in the firm's London and Singapore offices. He moved to the firm's Moscow office in 2019. Oleri was also seconded to Transport for London, where he advised on procurement matters and contractual documentation relating to various infrastructure investments.
Oleri's experience includes advising:
- Caltex Australia on its acquisition of a 20% ownership interest in SEAOIL Philippines, a leading independent fuel company in the Philippines
- Santos on the US$221 million sale of its upstream interests in Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bangladesh to Ophir Energy
- a confidential client on the development of a greenfield LNG receiving terminal and gas sales in Bangladesh
- a confidential client on its bid for the multi-billion dollar Kuala Lumpur to Singapore high speed rail project
- Beibu Gulf Holding (Hong Kong) on its investment in the Muara Port in Brunei and the operation of the port through a joint venture with a Brunei government company
Oleri obtained his bachelor's degree in law from Oxford University. He gained his postgraduate diploma in legal practice from BPP University Law School in London. He was admitted in England and Wales in 2017. Oleri is fluent in English and Filipino.