Oleri advises on energy M&A transactions, general corporate matters and major infrastructure projects.
Oleri joined Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2015 and has worked in the firm's London (2015-2017), Singapore (2017-2018) and Moscow (2019-2021) offices. He re-joined the firm's Singapore office in 2022. Oleri was also seconded to Transport for London, where he advised on procurement matters and contractual documentation relating to various infrastructure investments.
Oleri's experience includes advising:
- Gazprom on the proposed sale of its 24.98% interest in the Achimov IV and V phase development in the Urengoy gas and condensate field in Russia to OMV valued at USD 1 billion
- Schneider Electric on its joint venture arrangements with the Russian Direct Investment Fund in relation to Russia’s leading electrical equipment manufacturers, Electroshield Samara
- Sinopec on its joint venture arrangements with Rosneft in Russia in relation to the business of oil and gas exploration, production, refining and marketing
- a consortium composed of Basic Element, Sberbank and Changi on their joint venture arrangements in Russia in relation to the business of airport management operations
- United Capital Partners on a Russian-led consortium investment in Essar Oil Limited, India’s second largest private oil refiner. The deal is the biggest foreign acquisition in India, valued at US$12.9 billion
- Caltex Australia on its acquisition of a 20% ownership interest in Seaoil Philippines, a leading independent fuel company in the Philippines and fourth-largest market participant
- Santos on the sale of its upstream interests in Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bangladesh to Ophir Energy plc for US$221 million, including review of related PSAs and JOAs
- the lenders to SOCO International (a London-listed oil and gas exploration and production company) in relation to the US$125 million Reserve Based Lending Facility secured against SOCO International’s producing assets in Vietnam, including review of related PSAs and JOAs
- Beibu Gulf Holding (Hong Kong) on its investment in the Muara Port in Brunei and the operation of the port through a joint venture with a Brunei government company
- a confidential client on the development of a greenfield LNG receiving terminal and gas sales in Bangladesh
- a confidential client on its bid for the multi-billion dollar Kuala Lumpur to Singapore high speed rail project
Oleri obtained his bachelor's degree in law from Oxford University. He gained his postgraduate diploma in legal practice from BPP University Law School in London. He was admitted in England and Wales in 2017. Oleri is fluent in English and Filipino.