Oanh advises both lenders and corporate borrowers, ranging from leading Australian and international banks, private and ASX listed companies, private equity funds, investment and superannuation funds.
Oanh help clients achieve the desired commercial outcome by drawing on her experiences to provide strategic advice to clients on the structuring, negotiation and documentation of complex financing transactions.
Clients have described Oanh as “Always timely, responsive, accommodating and extremely knowledgeable.”
Oanh’s recent experience includes advising:
Real Estate and Development Finance
- Lendlease on the debt financing arrangements for Melbourne Quarter residential and mixed use precinct in Melbourne, Victoria, including a residential tower with 1,200 apartments
- ANZ, Westpac, NAB and AustralianSuper on their debt financing of the Australian Unity Healthcare Property Trust, including a facility for the development financing of the Herston Quarter SRACC (specialist rehabilitation and ambulatory care centre) precinct in Brisbane, Queensland and the acquisition of Sunshine Private Hospital in Victoria
- National Australia Bank on its facility for the construction of the Opera residential apartments on St. Kilda Road, Melbourne by Golden Age Group and Vanguard Apartments on Tooronga Road, Malvern by Bensons Property Group
- Real I.S. AG and Real I.S. Australia on a $174 million refinancing in relation to the Geoscience Australia Building in Canberra, ACT
- Scape Student Living on various facilities for the acquisition and construction of student accommodation development in Central Park and Darlington in New South Wales, Franklin Street in Melbourne and Vulture Street in Brisbane
- the financiers to Epworth Hospital on all financings for Epworth’s corporate and real estate acquisitions and developments in the healthcare sector
Corporate and Acquisition Finance
- a large syndicate of domestic and international lenders to EnergyAustralia on the refinance of its working capital facility
- the trustee and manager of Utilities of Australia in relation to the refinance of its syndicated multi-option facilities
- Australian subsidiaries on the grant of security and guarantees to support the acquisition finance arrangements of its foreign parent company
Oanh has a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Monash University and Bachelor of Arts (Legal Studies) from the Victoria University. Oanh is admitted to practice as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Victoria. Oanh joined Herbert Smith Freehills as a Graduate and has been a solicitor since 2013.