Olivia de Koning
Olivia is a solicitor in Perth’s commercial litigation team.
Olivia has experience acting for clients in complex commercial litigation ranging from claims for unconscionable conduct and misleading and deceptive conduct, to class actions and winding up proceedings.
Olivia has assisted in acting for and advising major Australian banks and insolvency professionals in distressed creditor situations and recoveries from debtors. Olivia also has experience in government issues including freedom of information and parliamentary inquiries.
Olivia has worked across a range of sectors including mining, energy, banks, infrastructure and construction.
Olivia holds a Juris Doctor and graduated from the University of Western Australia on the Dean’s List for Academic Excellence. In addition, Olivia holds a Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) with First Class Honours and majors in French and Law and Society. Olivia has also completed a semester of study at University Sciences Po Lille in France and is fluent in French.
Olivia graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Juris Doctor.
Olivia is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and in the Federal and High Courts of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- successfully acted for and defended a leading building materials company in the Federal Court in relation to a misleading and deceptive conduct claim and cross-claim
- acted for a confidential client in relation to a mining royalty deed dispute
- onsite investigator for a major mining company in relation to allegations of bullying, harassment and other workplace conduct
- acting for major insolvency firms in relation to their appointments as administrators, liquidators or receivers
- advising government agencies including government trading entities in relation to their obligations under Freedom of Information legislation