Oliver is a solicitor in the Brisbane Disputes team.
Oliver has experience acting in a wide range of complex commercial disputes across multiple practice areas including contract, insurance, construction and infrastructure, equity, and insolvency. Oliver also has experience assisting clients with navigating commissions of inquiry and other regulatory disputes, investigations, and processes.
Oliver has acted in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the Federal Court of Australia across the full spectrum of the litigation process, from interlocutory hearings to the trial and appellate level, as well as in other state Supreme Courts.
Oliver has a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Economics and International Relations) and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Queensland, where he was awarded a UQ Excellence Scholarship.
Oliver is admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland and is on the Federal Register of Practitioners.
Experience & expertise
- a major global logistics provider in respect of claims exceeding $100m for business interruption cover following a cyber-attack
- Project Co in relation to a rail PPP project in NSW subject to significant design and delay disputes
- a multi-national pharmaceutical company in respect of insurance claims exceeding $20m following a warehouse fire
- principals in disputes with EPC contractors on wind farm projects on the east coast of Australia both pre- and post-practical completion
- a public mining exploration company in respect of misleading and deceptive conduct claims brought by a shareholder
- an Australian oil refining operator in a trial before the Supreme Court of New South Wales in relation to a joint venture for the operation and maintenance of oil processing equipment against a UK public company
- an Australian judgment creditor in successfully opposing an application for recognition in Australia of insolvency practitioners appointed to a UK company pursuant to the Model Law on Cross-Border Insolvency
- a high net worth individual in a successful application for preliminary discovery in the Supreme Court of Queensland, brought in the context of an international hacking investigation