Niab has over 12 years of experience advising Thai and international clients on complex public and private M&A transactions in a wide range of sectors, such as energy, TMT, food and beverage, financial institutions, consumer and automotive.
She has also developed expertise in competition in Thailand, and as part of her M&A practice, covers all aspects of Thailand’s merger control regulations. She is highlighted by Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2022 as a Notable Practitioner for Competition/Antitrust – Thailand.
Niab's experience includes advising:
- Tesco plc on the 2020 sale of the entire interest in its business in Thailand to C.P. Group, the largest-ever corporate acquisition in Thailand
- Engie Global Developments B.V. on the disposal of its entire 69.1% interest in Glow Energy, Thailand's largest completed M&A deal and Asia's largest M&A power sector deal in 2018-19
- TMB Bank Public Company Limited on its approximate US$5.5 billion merger with Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited, Thailand's largest bank merger
- PTT Global Chemical Plc on the acquisition by PTTGC and its affiliated company TOC Glycol Co., Ltd. of 74% of the shares in Siam Mitsui PTA Co., Ltd. and Thai PET Resin Co., Ltd
- Telenor Group, one of the world's largest mobile telecommunications companies, on the merger of Telenor's Thai unit Total Access Communication Public Company Limited and True Corporation Public Company Limited
Niab has a bachelor's degree in law and international law from Chulalongkorn University, She also has a graduate diploma in law and postgraduate diploma from the University of Law and BPP University in the UK respectively. She is native in Thai, fluent in English and is dual qualified in Thailand and England & Wales.