Nithia is a senior associate within the Tokyo corporate M&A practice. She has been involved in a wide variety of corporate cross-border transactions and acquisitions across the Asia Pacific region for Japanese and international clients having been based in both the Tokyo and Singapore offices over 10 years. Nithia spent 3 years on secondment to the legal department of a leading Japanese trading company in Tokyo. She is extensively experienced in dealing with Japanese clients.
Nithia has advised:
- a Japanese trading company on its tender for the AssetsCo role in respect of a high-speed rail project in Southeast Asia
- a Japanese trading company on its proposed investment into a construction machinery business in Iran
- an investment management and real estate development firm in Vietnam in the sale of a telecommunications business in Vietnam and Singapore
- a leading e-commerce corporation on its acquisition of a flash sales e-commerce business in Singapore in relation to an IPO
- a listed pharmaceutical Indian entity on the disposal of its speciality division in Singapore
Nithia studied at the University of Durham, United Kingdom, and graduated with a second upper LLB (Hons). She is an Advocate & Solicitor qualified in Singapore. Nithia is fluent in English and Tamil and is conversant in basic Mandarin.