Nishita is an Associate in the London Corporate team with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and corporate advisory work. Prior to joining the London team, she was an Associate in the firm's Tokyo office including one year secondment within the legal department of a major Japanese trading company.
As a corporate and M&A associate, Nishita has helped Japanese and international clients on various cross-border transactions, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructures, regulatory matters and commercial arrangements across a range of sectors.
Nishita has advised:
- Horiba, a listed Japan-based technology and scientific solutions group, on its acquisition of the business assets and certain subsidiaries of MIRA, a UK-based vehicle engineering and consultancy company, in an auction bid process
- Mitsui & Co on its acquisition of an interest in healthcare provider International Columbia U.S.
- Gulliver International on its acquisition of a majority interest in Western Australia's second largest automotive group
- a Japanese trading house on the acquisition from its wholly-owned subsidiary of interests in a number of LNG entities in Qatar, Oman, Equatorial Guinea, Abu Dhabi and the UK
- a Japanese multinational electronics corporation on an intra-group re-organisation in Japan, USA and the Netherlands
Nishita holds a B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) from National Law School of India University and is admitted to practice in India. Nishita is also admitted to practice as a solicitor in England & Wales.