Nikolay is a member of our global downstream oil & gas sector team, advising clients on all aspects of mega project development, including technology licensing, engineering and construction contracts, procurement and real estate issues, as well as project finance aspects of the projects. Nikolay has been involved in some of the biggest LNG, refining, petrochemical and methanol projects undertaken in the last five years, and has acquired unique practical legal and commercial insight.
Our clients are expecting our downstream projects team to understand their projects not only from a legal point of view, but also from commercial, financial and technical. Nikolay is able to offer such complex and integrated advisory and seamlessly integrated into the client’s project management team with technical legal rigour and great personal enthusiasm. He is able to work both in Russian and English and knows his way around most of the sector’s most used types of contract arrangements, including EPC, EPS, FEED, PMC, EPCM, EP+C, EP+CM, License+ESA+TSA+Catalyst Supply and Proprietary Equipment Supply Contracts. Nikolay takes an active part in negotiations and is beginning to play more senior project management roles in the team.
Nikolay's experience includes advising:
- a major Russian oil company on technology licences for a polypropylene plant in Russia and Bulgaria
- a major Russian mining company on a construction contract to build the mining and metallurgical plant at one of the world’s largest copper deposits and a contract for supply of technological equipment for the plant
- a major Russian LNG producer on EPC contracts and equipment supply issues within the one of the largest LNG projects in Russia
- the lenders on financing of development of the Turk Stream and the Nord Stream 2 gas transportation pipelines, in part of the due diligence of the Russian project site and related state approvals
- a Russian state fund on financing of development of the coal deposit and modernisation of the coal sea port in the Russian Far East.
Graduated from the civil law department of the Russian State University of Justice. Before joining the firm in 2020, worked in the Moscow office of another international law firm.