Nikhil is an experienced employment lawyer who helps clients with all aspects of the employment relationship. He has experience assisting clients with contentious and non-contentious employment and industrial relations matters. These include:
- advising and representing clients in unfair dismissal, general protections, disputes and bargaining proceedings;
- advising and representing clients in employment and industrial matters in federal and state courts;
- providing strategic advice in enterprise bargaining, managing trade union relationships and industrial action;
- advising on award compliance and underpayment risks; and
- assisting clients with navigating employment transfer of business implications.
Nikhil’s career began providing industrial advice and representation in the power and water industries in New South Wales. This enables him to provide considered strategic advice on balancing interests and risks, and managing relationships in an industrial setting.
He also regularly advises clients on disciplinary and performance management processes, managing ill and injured workers, and organisational restructures.
Nikhil’s recent experience includes:
- advising and representing a large concrete products business in a breach of contract claim made by a concrete carter in the Victorian County Court;
- completing a 6 month secondment to a freight and logistics business involved in the rail, road transport and stevedoring industries;
- conducting company-wide award classification and compliance audit for a national rail operator;
- advising a stevedore on bargaining for 17 enterprise agreements and managing the threat of industrial action; and
- assisting a vehicle manufacturer with managing their workforce after entering into voluntary administration.