Nicole uses her flexible skillset to help clients structure, negotiate and execute strategic corporate transactions. She has particular experience advising on transactions with concurrent or sequential mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and equity capital markets tracks.
Nicole advises on domestic and cross border transactions in a range of industries, with a focus on the financial services and infrastructure sectors. Nicole’s experience in the financial services and infrastructure sectors includes periods of secondment to Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Brookfield’s Infrastructure Group.
Nicole has also worked with Japanese trading houses and corporations throughout her career. She has lived and studied in Japan and has written and spoken Japanese skills.
Nicole’s experience includes advising:
- AMP on its acquisition of Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation’s (MUTB) 15% stake in AMP Capital for $460 million
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) on its proposed sale of a 55% stake in Colonial First Stake to KKR, valuing Colonial First State, which has $135 billion in funds under administration, at $3.3 billion
- Ramsay Health Care on its $1.2 billion fully underwritten placement and non-underwritten SPP
- Caltex Australia Limited on its proposed IPO of a 49% interest in 250 core freehold sites
- CBA on its $4.2 billion sale of Colonial First State Global Asset Management (CFSGAM), a fund manager with $219 billion in assets under management, to MUTB, as well as CBA’s earlier proposals to IPO and demerge CFSGAM
- AGL Energy Limited (AGL) on its strategic acquisition of Southern Phone Company Limited from 35 local councils
- AGL on its proposed $3.17 billion acquisition of Vocus Group Limited by scheme of arrangement
- CBA on its proposed $8 billion demerger of certain of its wealth and mortgage broking businesses
- CBA on its proposed $3.8 billion sale of its Australian and New Zealand life insurance business to AIA
- A consortium led by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners on its proposed $9 billion acquisition of Asciano Limited
- UGL Limited on the $475 million takeover bid for all of the shares in UGL by a subsidiary of CIMIC Group Limited
- Investa Listed Funds Management Limited as responsible entity for the ASX listed Investa Office Fund on the proposed $2.5 billion acquisition of the fund by DEXUS Property Group by trust scheme
- Growthpoint Properties Australia on its $331 million takeover bid for GPT Metro Office Fund
- Metcash Limited on its $165 million acquisition of the Home Timber & Hardware Group, including its $80 million placement and $20 million share purchase plan to partly fund the acquisition
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd on its sell-down of its interest in ASX listed Sims Metal Management Limited
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec on its 44% stake in insurance distributor Greenstone
Nicole has a Bachelor of Laws Degree (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts Degree (double major in Japanese) from the University of Queensland. She is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales.