Nicolas has significant experience acting for clients involved in complex disputes relating to supply agreements, product liability, insurance claims, joint venture and shareholders’ agreements, and the enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards. His practice encompasses a wide range of industry sectors including manufacturing, automotive, consumer goods (including advice on EU and French consumer regulations), energy and infrastructure.
Nicolas regularly appears in the French courts. He also assists clients pre-action to assess their risks and options, and to protect their rights where appropriate through emergency/conservatory proceedings, pre-trial collection of evidence and expert investigations.
Nicolas is also experienced in arbitration (ICC) and mediation (ICC and CMAP).
Nicolas' experience includes advising:
- a global truck manufacturer on a claim against a supplier arising from the supply of defective engine parts installed in a large number trucks and buses in Europe, the US and Japan
- a consortium on an insurance claim in relation to the construction of infrastructure in the Republic of the Congo
- a real estate company on a dispute with a joint venture partner regarding the development of airport landside property
- a tobacco company on numerous EU and French regulatory issues regarding the manufacture, marketing and advertisement of tobacco and vaping products and accessories
- an investment fund on the enforcement of a EUR 77 million arbitral award rendered in London, which involved monitoring and coordinating parallel enforcement proceedings in 4 jurisdictions (France, Guernsey, Switzerland and Romania) targeting assets of various kinds (shares, real estate, cars, speed boats, luxury items)
A member of the Paris bar since 2011, Nicolas holds a Master's degree in Theory and Practice of Trials from Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and a Master's degree in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas.