Nick has built a reputation for providing user-friendly and commercial advice on the full spectrum of partnership and employment issues. In addition to day-to-day queries, Nick advises on transactions, investigations and Employment Tribunal and High Court employment litigation.
He works with clients across a range of sectors but most regularly advises professional and financial services firms, many of which incorporate an LLP or partnership within their structure. Nick also has considerable experience of advising international listed and regulated businesses. He works closely with colleagues based overseas to deliver focused advice on international and cross-border matters.
Nick regularly delivers training to clients on various aspects of employment and partnership law. Nick has also delivered training to members of the Employment Lawyers Association.
He has previously spent time on secondment to clients Man Group plc and BG Group plc (now part of Royal Dutch Shell plc) as well as the firm's office in Hong Kong.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- a leading UK financial institution on the investigation of, and disciplinary processes related to, alleged mis-selling
- a listed energy company on its defence to unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claims
- an insurance broker on various restrictive covenant and team move matters
- Sky plc on the employment aspects of its acquisition of Telefonica's UK broadband and fixed line businesses and its disposal of a stake in its SkyBet business to CVC Capital Partners
- Strutt & Parker LLP on the employment and partnership aspects of its merger with BNP Real Estate
Nick read history at the University of Cambridge before completing the GDL and LPC at BPP Law School, London.