Nick has built a reputation for providing user-friendly and commercial advice on the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious employment and partnership law issues, including transactions, investigations, and Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation.
Nick is recognised as an "Associate to Watch" in Chambers 2020 (Employment) and described as "highly experienced and capable practitioner" with "very impressive judgement" in Legal 500 2020 (Partnership).
He works with clients across a range of sectors, in particular advising financial services and professional services firms, many of which incorporate an LLP or partnership within their structure. He has extensive experience of advising international listed and regulated businesses. Nick also works closely with colleagues internationally on commercial, cross-border projects.
Nick regularly delivers training to clients on various aspects of employment and partnership law.
Nick previously spent time on client secondment to Man Group plc, BG Group plc (now part of Royal Dutch Shell) and the firm's office in Hong Kong.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- a leading UK financial institution on the investigation of, and disciplinary processes related to, alleged mis-selling which was the subject of an FCA review
- a global investment bank on obtaining injunctive relief against an employee suspected of misappropriating and disseminating confidential information to third parties
- various professional services businesses on the design and operation of their partnership agreements
- various leading professional services firms on employment and partnership law issues, including designing and drafting complex service agreements and retention/incentive arrangements, performance management, contentious and non-contentious departures, restructurings, day-to-day HR advisory matters, handling data subject access requests and team move issues
- a regulated professional services firm on the employment aspects of a multi-jurisdictional regulatory investigation
- an international professional services firm on its defence of high value claims of victimisation and discrimination
- an energy company on its defence to claims of unfair dismissal and whistleblowing from a former employee
- a global financial services business and senior executive in defending claims of sexual harassment
- Sky plc on the employment aspects of its disposal of its SkyBet business to CVC Capital Partners
- Strutt & Parker on its merger with BNP
Nick read history at the University of Cambridge before completing the GDL and LPC at BPP Law School, London.