Nick advises on all aspects of derivatives, structured products and derivatives regulation. Nick has a deep knowledge of how derivative markets operate, having joined the firm from Barclays Capital, where he was a lawyer focussing on derivatives. This experience puts him in a unique position to advise clients on both the buy side and the sell side of the market.
Nick advises on derivative products in all asset classes, including credit, commodity, interest rate, FX and equity derivatives, often on complex, cross-border and multi-asset class transactions. He has significant experience in highly structured financing transactions, including margin loans and strategic equity financing transactions, as well bespoke collateral arrangements, particularly in the insurance sector. Nick also advises on derivative regulation, including EMIR.
Nick's clients include financial institutions, large corporates, pension funds, investment funds and energy companies.
Nick is recognised as a 'Rising Star' for Derivatives and Structured Products by Legal 500 UK 2016.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- an ultra high net worth individual on an acquisition financing structured as a margin loan and a funded equity derivative, including security over a basket of real estate assets
- a major European bank on a financing secured on a portfolio of project financings, structured as a total return swap and associated loan sale arrangements
- a major European bank on a hedge fund financing structured as a margin loan with bespoke investment guidelines
- a number of corporate and pension fund clients on the establishment of a suite of master trading documentation and exchange traded derivative clearing documentation (including ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA and ToBs)
- a variety of buy and sell side clients on derivative regulation, including clearing, collateralisation, reporting and risk mitigation requirements under EMIR