Nick is a corporate lawyer specialising in the real estate sector, advising clients on a range of corporate real estate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, structured investments and portfolio transactions.
Working within the real estate team, Nick combines corporate expertise with real estate sector knowledge and experience. He has advised clients on some of the highest profile and most complex corporate real estate transactions in the UK, Australian and wider international markets.
Having moved to London from a top tier real estate team in Sydney, Nick has established himself in the local market having advised a wide range of leading UK, Australian and international clients.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Nick worked as a project manager for an international consultancy.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- Citigroup on their acquisition of their corporate headquarters at 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf from AGC.
- Orlandis Capital on their development joint ventures in respect of various sites across London.
- URW on their forward sale to Legal & General of Building M7 at Stratford, London.
- Blacktsone on corporate restructuring aspects relating to the acquisition of the Harvester logistics portfolio.
- Roundhill Capital on their acquisition joint venture of the Dublin Living portfolio.
- MMC Group on a pro-bono basis in respect of their affordable housing JV arrangements in Brazil.
- an international asset manager on the divestments of a pan-European logistics portfolio*
- a private equity fund on the acquisition of a UK-wide car parks portfolio*
- a global developer on its sale of landmark office building in London*
- a global asset manager on its joint venture arrangements relating to premium grade London office properties*
- an international developer on its sale of a commercial development site in London*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Nick holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the Australian National University. He also holds a Bachelor of Science with honours from the University of Southampton and a Master of Science from the University of New South Wales.
Nick is admitted to practice across Australia.