Nick brings over two decades of experience to clients on all aspects of commercial property, including development and investment work. Nick has a particular focus on joint venture transactions and high-value mixed-use development work, including pre-letting and letting work for developers and tenants. Nick is focused on delivering strong commercial outcomes and has developed close relationships with many of the firm's key clients.
Nick is the head of the firm’s 'corporate occupation' practice and he has been involved in some of the UK's largest high-value pre-letting transactions. Nick also focuses on the rail sector particularly on developments interacting wtith rail and underground assets.
Nick's expertise in commercial property is highlighted by his recommendations in Chambers Global and Legal 500 UK.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- Transport for London on its new head offices relocation to the International Quarter, Stratford, a development by a joint venture between Lend lease and LCR; the Northern Line Extension at Battersea Power Station; Crossrail overstation developments at Davies Street and Holborn and development agreements relating to London Bridge and Knightsbridge underground stations
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its joint ventures and mixed-use developments with BT Pension Fund at Paradise Circus, Birmingham and Wellington Place, Leeds, both UK
- A Sovereign Wealth Fund on the acquisition of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London (the HSBC tower) from the National Pension Service of Korea
- CEREP City Offices on the disposal of Sampson House and Ludgate House, Southwark, London and related option and asset protection agreements with Network Rail
- Ashurst LLP on its agreements for lease and leases of 265,000 sq ft premises at the London Fruit and Wool Exchange, a development by M&G Real Estate and Exemplar properties