Nick brings over two decades of experience to clients on all aspects of commercial property, including development and investment work. Nick has a particular focus on joint venture transactions and high-value mixed-use development work, including pre-letting and letting work for developers and tenants. Nick is focused on delivering strong commercial outcomes and has developed close relationships with many of the firm's key clients.
Nick is the head of the firm’s 'corporate occupation' practice and he has been involved in some of the UK's largest high-value pre-letting transactions. Nick also focuses on the rail sector particularly on developments interacting with rail and underground assets.
Nick's expertise in commercial property is highlighted by his recommendations in Chambers UK and Legal 500 UK.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- British Land and its joint venture partner on the management of the Broadgate Estate including on the extensive redevelopment and pre letting programme
- TfL on a number of overstation developments and its head offices relocation to the International Quarter, Stratford, a development by a joint venture between Lend lease and LCR
- Hermes Real Estate in relation to their property portfolios
- A Sovereign Wealth Fund on the acquisition of Grosvenor House Suites, London from a group of Kuwaiti investors
- Britel Fund Trustees on the forward purchase of new Premier Inn hotel at Talgarth Road Hammersmith, London
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its joint ventures and mixed-use developments with BT Pension Fund at Paradise Circus, Birmingham and Wellington Place, Leeds, both UK
- Canary Wharf Group on major lettings at one Canada Square. Tenants include: Valero Energy, The Office Group, Regus, Brookfield and Fisher Investments
- A Sovereign Wealth Fund on the acquisition of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London (the HSBC tower) from the National Pension Service of Korea
- CEREP City Offices on the disposal of Sampson House and Ludgate House, Southwark, London and related option and asset protection agreements with Network Rail
- Ashurst LLP on its agreements for lease and leases of 265,000 sq ft premises at the London Fruit and Wool Exchange, a development by M&G Real Estate and Exemplar properties