Nicholas works with a range of corporate and private clients in all aspects of commercial real estate, including large scale developments, acquisitions and disposals, renewable energy developments, leasing and other general property matters. Nicholas also has experience in undertaking legal due diligences on the property aspects of acquisitions, disposals and ‘bankability’ reviews and works on transactions across the retail, commercial office, renewable energy, mining and industrial sectors.
Nicholas’ experience includes:
- acting on acquisitions and disposals of varying sizes and complexity of retail, commercial and industrial properties across Australia for clients such as QIC, Charter Hall, Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd, Ascendas REIT and ARA Asset Management Limited
- co-ordinating the review of bulk due diligence material such as commercial and retail lease documents, advising on material issues identified for the purpose of preparing clear and concise due diligence reports
- preparing and negotiating retail, commercial, industrial agricultural (renewable energy) agreements for lease, leases and ancillary documents for clients such as Charter Hall, Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd, Pacific Hydro and RES Group
Nicholas’ recent experience includes:
- ARA Asset Management Limited on the acquisition of a 50% interest in 477 Collins Street on a fund through basis worth $414 million
- Ascendas REIT on its acquisition of 100 Wickham St, Fortitude Valley, for A$84 million and 108 Wickham St, Fortitude Valley, for $106 million
- Charter Hall on the acquisition of 2 – 6 Hassall St, Parramatta, for A$30 million and acquisition of 35-45 Frankston Road, Dandenong, and lease back to Bombardier for $70.7 million
- Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd on its acquisition of 417 St Kilda Road, St Kilda, for A$144 million and 67 Albert Avenue, Chatswood for A$158 million
- Lacour Energy Projects Pty Ltd (and Goldwind Australia) in respect of the land agreements underlying the $1 billion Clarke Creek Wind and Solar Farm
Nicholas was admitted as a solicitor in Queensland in July 2015. Nicholas holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Southern Queensland and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the Queensland University of Technology.