Based in London and with over 20 years' experience, Nick advises on major projects in the energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors in the UK and internationally. He provides project developers, investors and financiers with strategic procurement advice, helps with risk analysis and management and drafts and negotiates a wide range of contracts, including concessions, traditional, design and construct and management contracts, collaborative contracts, early contractor involvement and FEED and consultancy agreements.
Nick is a member of the The City of London Law Society Construction Committee and the Society of Construction Law, as well as being a member of the Private Sector Client (British Property Federation) Representative Group for the JCT. He is a UK correspondent for the International Construction Law Review and is recognised as a leading construction and engineering law practitioner in Legal 500 2016, Chambers UK and Who's Who Legal 2016.
Nick's expertise is highlighted by being ranked in both Legal 500 and Chambers UK. He is also described as a "veritable expert in contractual and procurement matters" in Who's Who Legal 2016.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- Capco on the redevelopment of Earl's Court, London
- on a number of new nuclear power projects in the UK, Europe and Middle East
- Thames Tideway on construction and collaboration contracts (UK)
- High Speed Two (HS2) Limited on early works and main civils contracts (UK)
- Hammerson and Aberdeen Standard Investments (formerly Standard Life Investments) on a major retail project at Brent Cross, London