Based in London, Nic is an associate with experience in commercial litigation; arbitration; and contentious regulatory matters. Nic has specific experience in the banking and financial services. Nic has spent time on secondment to our Singapore office, a major European airline and a leading UK-based bank.
Nic's recent experience includes advising:
- a European investment bank in relation to a US$1.4 billion arbitration claim threatened against it by a prominent Saudi businessman in connection with a finance joint venture business
- an international wholesale bank in connection with a group claim involving several hundred claimants, in connection with the activities of a former commercial banking business in the UK
- a leading UK-based bank on a portfolio of larger scale banking disputes, including a £400 million claim involving allegations of fraud
- an international wholesale and trade finance bank in connection with its claim to recover approximately US$50 million against a defaulting borrower which has involved proceedings in the Eastern Caribbean
- a leading UK-based bank in relation to a voluntary remediation exercise and associated consequential loss review programme
Nic graduated summa cum laude from Nazareth College with a Bachelor of Arts in History and completed the GDL and LPC at BPP University.
Nic is admitted to practise in England and Wales.