Nic is a Senior Associate with experience in commercial disputes, arbitration and contentious regulatory matters.
Nic has specific experience in relation to disputes involving the banking and financial services sectors and group actions. Nic has spent time on secondment to our Singapore office, a major European airline and a leading UK-based bank.
Nic is also Co-Chair of the firm's Multiculturalism Committee Network and involved in the firm's Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
Nic's recent experience includes advising:
- a European investment bank in relation to a US$1.4 billion arbitration claim threatened against it by a prominent Saudi businessman in connection with a finance joint venture business
- an international wholesale bank in connection with a group claim involving several hundred claimants which relates to the activities of its former commercial banking business in the UK
- a leading UK-based bank on a portfolio of large scale banking disputes, including a £400 million claim involving allegations of fraud
- an international wholesale and trade finance bank in connection with its claim to recover approximately US$50 million against a defaulting borrower which has involved proceedings in the Eastern Caribbean and contemplated proceedings in other jurisdictions
- a leading insurance trade association in its application to intervene in appeal proceedings relating to the first appeal in connection with the proposed transfer of insurance business under Part VII of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
- a group of hedge funds in their challenge to the Court sanction of a scheme of arrangement under Part 26 of the Companies Act 2006 involving a satellite communications business
- a leading UK-based bank in relation to a voluntary remediation exercise and associated consequential loss review programme
Nic graduated summa cum laude from Nazareth College with a Bachelor of Arts in History and completed the GDL and LPC at BPP University.
Nic is admitted to practise in England and Wales.