Nerida has more than 10 years safety law experience in acting in WHS prosecutions matters and other proceedings such as the acting for the owner of Queensland dams in the Commission of Inquiry into the Queensland Floods.
Nerida advises clients on safety governance, compliance and crisis management. She is experienced in providing legal support following serious safety incidents including providing legal support during incident investigations and returning to operations.
Nerida has acted for both employers and regulators in safety prosecutions, including acting for the Commonwealth safety regulator, Comcare. She has also acted in a range of safety-related litigation such as Coronial inquests, Commissions of Inquiry, administrative tribunal proceedings and workers’ compensation/injury claims.
Nerida’s experience includes:
- on-call crisis management response
- developing safety governance framework and delivering safety governance training to Boards and executives
- acting for mine operators in respect of regulator and union safety activity
- drafting project and access agreements for an infrastructure operator
- advising public infrastructure on public safety issues
- advising on safety compliance for an LNG plant development