Neil helps clients deal with a wide range of commercial disputes and all forms of dispute resolution, including High Court litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation. Many of these cases have been international in nature.
Neil's expertise includes complex contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, M&A-related litigation, claims for breach of directors' duties and sovereign debt disputes. He has particular experience in media and sports law, advising clients on sector-specific regulation and contentious matters. He also advises a broad range of clients on claims of defamation, privacy and breach of confidence.
Neil's experience includes advising:
- a listed mining company in the defence of a class action brought in the High Court in London on behalf of 2000 members of a Zambian community alleging environmental contamination
- Premiership Rugby on its new eight-year Professional Game Agreement with the RFU for the management and funding of English professional club rugby
- Palmer & Harvey in proceedings in the Chancery Division of the High Court to enforce a settlement agreement
- KPMG International in English Commercial Court proceedings (and in related proceedings in the Swiss and Danish courts) arising from the acquisition by Ernst & Young of the former KPMG Danish member firm
- Primark in its defence of libel proceedings brought by a former supplier