Neil helps clients deal with a wide range of commercial disputes and all forms of dispute resolution, including High Court and appellate litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation. Many of his cases have been international in nature.
Neil's expertise includes complex contractual and tortious disputes, professional negligence claims, M&A litigation, claims for breach of directors' duties, sovereign debt disputes and class actions. He has particular experience in media and sports law, advising clients on sector-specific regulation and contentious matters. He also advises a broad range of clients on claims in defamation, privacy and breach of confidence.
Neil's experience includes advising:
- Vedanta Resources Limited in the defence of a high profile group action brought in the High Court in London on behalf of 3700 members of a Zambian community
- Vedanta Resources Limited in the defence of a group action brought in the High Court in London on behalf of 2000 members of a Zambian community alleging environmental contamination
- a member of the Bahrain royal family in his successful defence of an English Commercial Court claim for breach of contract
- Premiership Rugby on its eight-year Professional Game Agreement with the RFU for the management and funding of English professional club rugby
- a Russian businessman in libel proceedings against various online publishers
- KPMG International in English Commercial Court proceedings (and in related proceedings in the Swiss and Danish courts) arising from the acquisition by Ernst & Young of the former KPMG Danish member firm
Neil is listed as a 'key lawyer' for the firm for Reputation Management in Legal 500 UK 2021, and is described as being "extremely experienced in acting for corporate clients on reputational crisis management."