Neena is an energy and resource specialist. She has worked on projects and transactions in the UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australia. Neena’s breadth and depth of experience in project development, joint ventures, acquisitions, divestments and commercial contracts means she is well placed to advise on the structuring and delivery of complex projects.
Neena has significant experience in:
- Project development: Advising on the development/delivery of large, complex projects, including structuring and drafting/negotiating project documents
- Energy and resource specialist: Advising on the spectrum of energy and resource projects, including conventional power, renewable energy, coal/minerals, upstream/midstream O&G, LNG and the drafting/negotiation of specialist commercial contracts associated with each
- M&A/Joint ventures: Advising on acquisitions, divestments and joint ventures, including share and asset sales, farm-in/outs, unincorporated joint ventures/joint operating agreements, shareholders’ agreements and partnerships
Neena’s recent experience includes advising:
- ENGIE and Mitsui on the establishment of a renewable energy fund platform, the Australian Renewable Energy Trust (ARET), and the sell down of a 75% stake in ARET to Infrastructure Capital Group-managed Australian Renewables Income Fund
- Iluka Resources Limited on the demerger of its royalties business, Deterra Royalties Limited
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited on the recapitalisation of the Hopkins Correctional Centre PPP concession and the sale of 100% of the equity via a competitive bid process to AMP Capital
- EnergyAustralia on its agreement with the Victorian State Government in respect to the closure of Yallourn power station and new 350MW battery project
- InfraRed Capital Partners in respect of their acquisition of a 40% stake in the Lal Lal wind farm from Macquarie
- Pacific Hydro on the development of the Crowlands Wind Farm, including bespoke ‘corporate PPAs’ with the Melbourne Renewable Energy Partnership
- APA Group on its acquisition of the Orbost gas plant from Cooper Energy and entry into of associated gas processing and security arrangements
- Alumina Limited on the restructure of its global joint venture with Alcoa, Alcoa World Alumina & Chemicals (AWAC), being the world's largest bauxite and alumina business
- lenders (both commercial banks and ECAs) on the financing of the Yamal LNG project (in particular responsible for LNG marketing, transhipment and shipping)
Neena holds a LLB (Hons) and BArts majoring in politics and public policy from Griffith University. She is a member of the Australian Resources & Energy Law Association (AMPLA).