Nataly is a litigator with broad experience and advises a wide range of corporate clients in complex commercial disputes.
Nataly has a particular focus on class actions and regulatory disputes. She has advised clients in the financial services, technology, oil and gas, and energy sectors.
Nataly's experience includes acting for:
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in two class action proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia and an ASIC investigation arising out of civil penalty proceedings commenced by AUSTRAC
- Colonial First State in class action proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to the FirstChoice superannuation fund
- Origin Energy Limited in relation to Federal Court proceedings challenging a decision by the Commissioner of Taxation not to allow certain deductions incurred in the operation of the Eraring and Shoalhaven power stations
- an ASX listed company in settling disputes and threatened class action proceedings with a large number of franchisees
- a technology group of companies in relation to multiple class actions, and proceedings brought by a competitor, in the Supreme Court of Victoria
Nataly holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce from the Australian National University.
Nataly is a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and is admitted to practice in Australian federal courts.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Nataly was the Tipstaff to the Honourable Justice Stevenson of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.