Clients value Natalie’s ability to manage large transactions, as well as her deep industry knowledge and clear communication style.
Natalie has taken a central role in many landmark Australian transactions, including the Medibank Private IPO, AGL’s acquisition of Macquarie Generation and the sale of Forestry Plantations Queensland. She has an excellent knowledge of government processes, including legislative drafting. Since 2015, Natalie has led the Herbert Smith Freehills team advising the Australian Government on reform of ASC Pty Ltd (a government-owned submarine sustainment/shipbuilding company). This reform process supports the $89 billion of investment in new naval vessels and infrastructure planned for Australia over the next 30 years.
Natalie also has extensive experience running private M&A transactions across a variety of industries. She brings a practical, commercial approach to both her transactional work and her regulatory/advisory work. In the health and aged care sector, Natalie has experience across the gamut of the industry including public and private hospitals, medical centres, pathology, diagnostic imaging, cancer care, IVF, residential care, hearing services, home care and private health insurance.
Her recent experience includes:
- acting for Fullerton Health on its acquisition of Healthscope Medical Centres
- acting for the vendors of Medilaw in their sale to MedHealth
- acting for the Australian Government in the Scoping Study into future ownership options for Australian Hearing, and in the assessment of an unsolicited bid for Australian Hearing
- acting for the Australian Government on the IPO of Medibank Private
- acting for AGL on its acquisition of Macquarie Generation
Natalie joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2001. She worked in our Sydney and Melbourne offices before relocating to Brisbane in 2007.