Natalia specialises in EU and UK competition law, with particular experience in EU and national merger control filings, and antitrust investigations and advice (anti-competitive agreements and abuses of dominance). She also advises in relation to regulatory matters and compliance programmes.
Natalia has been involved in cases before the UK competition authorities and the European Commission and has experience in a broad range of sectors including transport, oil and gas, telecoms, retailing/consumer goods, tourism and leisure, financial services and pharmaceuticals.
Natalia's experience includes advising:
- Arriva on the CMA's Phase II investigation of its acquisition of the Northern Rail franchise
- Telefónica SA on the European Commission's Phase II investigation into the proposed £10.25 billion sale of its UK mobile business (O2) to Hutchison Whampoa (owner of Three)
- Gala Coral in relation to the Competition Commission's conditional merger approval of the proposed saled of Gala Casinos to Rank Plc
- The Bazalgette Consortium (Allianz Capital Partners, Dalmore Capital, Amber Infrastructure and DIF) on competition and regulatory aspects of its successful bid for the Thames Tideway Tunnel project
- AbbVie on the competition law aspects of its aborted FTSE 100 pharmaceutical company Shire plc (which would have been the largest ever inward investment into the UK)
Natalia holds an MA in Law from Cambridge University and a Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law from King's College London. She is admitted to practise in England and Wales and is qualified as a Solicitor Advocate.