Naison is a senior associate in the Corporate group in Herbert Smith Freehills’ Melbourne office. Naison advises a wide range of clients on transactions and tax issues that arise in the context of infrastructure projects, mergers and acquisitions and funds.
Naison’s recent experience includes advising:
- South32 on its acquisition of a 45% interest in Sierra Gorda
- SEEK Limited on the establishment of the $1.7bn SEEK Growth Fund
- IFM on the establishment of various funds
- Transurban led Sydney Transport Partners consortium on a successful bid for 51% of the WestConnex toll road project
- Transurban in relation to its unsolicited proposal for the West Gate Tunnel toll road project
Naison was awarded a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne in 2013, where he has also completed a Master of Laws and a Graduate Diploma in Tax.