Nyiko is an associate in the Competition, Regulation and Trade practice.
Nyiko has assisted in advising clients on various aspects of competition law involving both litigious and advisory work. This includes prohibited practices investigations, market inquiries, and merger control across various sub-Saharan African jurisdictions. Nyiko also has experience in several regulatory matters, including in the telecommunications, media, technology, consumer and health sectors.
Nyiko holds a Bachelor of Sports Science from the University of Pretoria, and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Cape Town.
Admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa (May 2022).
Experience & expertise
- advising South Africa's largest boat manufacturer in relation to a merger involving a leading European investment firm*
- acting for a South African state-owned enterprise in defending various abuse of dominance matters*
- advising a leading American technology conglomerate in various data protection compliance matters across Southern, West and East Africa*
- acting for one of South Africa's largest mobile network operators in successfully defending various investigations by the Information Regulator of South Africa*
- advising one of South Africa's largest suppliers of beef products in its acquisition of a leading feedlot and abattoir operator*
* Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills