Nuwan is an experienced commercial litigator with a particular focus on class actions and financial services.
Nuwan has experience in class actions, general commercial disputes and insurance matters.
Nuwan holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degree from the University of Melbourne and a Master of Laws from Harvard University.. He is a former associate to the Honourable Justice Kyrou of the Victorian Court of Appeal.
Nuwan is admitted to practice in Victoria.
Experience & expertise
- National Australia Bank in relation to an insurance claim in the Federal Court arising out of a customer redress scheme in the United Kingdom;
- Australia and New Zealand Bank in a class action brought by 7-Eleven franchisees;
- the State of Victoria in defending multiple class actions relating to Hotel Quarantine;
- the shareholders of Optal Ltd in a proceedings before the High Court of Justice in England relating to a share purchase agreement dispute;
- CITIC Limited and certain subsidiaries in Australian Court proceedings relating to a mining joint venture in Western Australia