Nishtha is a senior associate in the firm’s finance practice with a focus on cross border transactions and the infrastructure and energy sectors. She has vast experience in renewable project sectors including solar and wind and acquisition financings. Her experience also includes road sector financing in India.
She advises and assists clients in infrastructure and renewable sectors in India and has been a key member in the market on acquisition financings and external commercial borrowings. She has provided her expertise on some of the complex and first of its kind transactions in debt financing. She has also been a part of few marquee cross-border transactions including first road financing under ToT model in India which won the Asia Mena deal of the year, 2018, extension of green loan facilities for solar projects to Softbank Group which was awarded the 'Indian Green Deal of the Year' in Asia Pacific Awards by PFI and IFLR 1000 India Awards 2021 – Project Finance Deal of the Year.
She is qualified as an advocate in India. She is a B.A. LLB (Hons) graduate from National Law Institute University, Bhopal and has law firm experience in finance of more than 7 years. Before joining HSF, she was working in a leading law firm in India. She speaks Hindi and English.
Experience & expertise
- assisted in drafting and finalizing of the financing documents external commercial borrowing provided by MUFG Bank Limited, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Societe Generale, BNP Paribas, Bank Sinopac Co. Ltd., and Standard Chartered Bank Limited to Soft Bank Group for solar PV projects of 300 MW capacity
- assisted in drafting and finalizing of the financing documents in relation to financing by L&T Infrastructure Finance Company led consortium to 18 solar power SPV of the Macquarie Group from Hindustan Power Projects Private Limited (formerly Moser Baer Projects Private Limited) and its affiliates (Hindustan Power) and undertaken due diligence
- advised certain offshore banks in relation to a USD term loan facility granted to Singapore based sponsor and sponsor group entities of Brookfield India Real Estate Investment Trust for which certain sponsor and sponsor group entities had pledged their unit holding in the REIT in order to secure the facility
- assisted in drafting and negotiating documents for PGP Glass Private Limited, a Blackstone group entity, in relation to the ECB of US$ 360,000,000 from Barclays Bank PLC, BNP Paribas (acting through its Singapore branch), the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Investec Bank PLC and Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited for acquisition of business
- acted as the counsel in relation to an external financing being availed by the Oterra group from, inter alia, Danske Bank A/S, Nordea Danmark, Filial af Nordea Bank Abp, Finland, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ), Nykredit Bank A/S, Swedbank AB (publ) for acquisition and restructuring of the Akay group and issuance of guarantee and pledge