Niresha specialises in commercial property matters across a variety of sectors.
Niresha specialises in commercial property matters with a focus on acquisitions and disposals of commercial properties, commercial contracts, property development projects and commercial and industrial leasing.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Niresha was the senior in-house counsel for Viva Energy (previously Shell’s downstream business) responsible for all property and environmental legal matters.
She is held in high esteem by her clients as a trusted advisor on their significant real estate projects. Clients describe her as "commercially focused" and someone who is considered to be a "valued member of our team, because she understands our business needs and delivers the outcomes we want".
Juris Doctor from University of Melbourne. Bachelor of Business (Accounting) and a Bachelor of Computing from Monash University.
Experience & expertise
- Ampol in relation to the establishment of a $1.4 billion unlisted property trust that will own 203 core freehold convenience retail sites. As part of the transaction:
- a Charter Hall and GIC consortium will acquire a 49% minority interest in the property trust for $682 million; and
- Ampol will hold a 51% controlling interest in the property trust, with all sites held by the trust leased back to Ampol under triple net lease arrangements, allowing Ampol to maintain strategic and operational control of the core convenience retail sites under the terms of the leasing arrangements.
- Scape on its A$2 billion acquisition of the Urbanest student accommodation portfolio, the A$670 million acquisition of the Atira student accommodation portfolio, and the acquisition of various other properties throughout Australia
- Dexus on the sale of 201-217 Elizabeth Street, Sydney to Charter Hall and Abacus for $630 million
- APG Asset Management on its acquisition of a 25% interest in Confidential client's business. The transaction covered all components of the Retirement Living business, including ownership of the established retirement village portfolio, the operating platform that manages the portfolio, the business’s development capabilities and associated development pipeline
- Confidential client in its leasing of the Victoria Harbour development at Melbourne