Nicole is an experienced employment lawyer with a particular focus on disputes and investigations.
Nicole assists clients across a range of industries on a variety of employment and industrial relations matters, including employment disputes, equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, termination of employment, statutory and contractual compliance and preparation of enterprise agreements, contracts and policies.
Nicole is passionate about understanding her clients’ businesses, their challenges, pressures and goals. She enjoys working collaboratively with clients to find practical, commercial and workable solutions to complex issues.
Nicole thrives on being a trusted advisor for clients, building strong relationships that assist them to achieve optimal outcomes.
Nicole has extensive experience in enterprise bargaining, as well as with litigious matters in state and federal courts and tribunals.
Nicole graduated from the University of Western Australia in 2013 with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology). She has worked as an Associate to a senior Member of the Fair Work Commission, and in 2022 she completed a client secondment as principal legal advisor during a period of comprehensive structural reform and organisational change.
Experience & expertise
- undertaken investigations into employment complaints for various clients
- provided strategic advice to clients in relation to workplace bargaining, industrial disputes and union action
- represented a number of clients in relation to breach of contract, discrimination, unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- advised on a suite of extensive and time-sensitive projects for a high-profile client, which included establishing their international operating model and working collaboratively with key stakeholders and external legal counsel across multiple jurisdictions to develop employment frameworks, confidentiality agreements, termination and change matrices and employment policy handbooks to facilitate the infrastructure and delivery of services in these jurisdictions
- guided a major manufacturing client through each of its pre-commissioning, commissioning and operational phases, which included assisting with workplace bargaining and enterprise agreement drafting and approval support, incident management, strategic workforce planning, dispute management, and the development of template contractual and policy materials
- advised various clients and delivered training on appropriate workplace behaviour, bullying and harassment, performance management, managing ill or injured workers, post-employment restraints, restructure and redundancy, and termination of employment matters