Nicolas specialises in the resolution of civil and commercial disputes.
He has significant experience acting for French and international clients involved in complex and sensitive disputes relating inter alia to supply agreements, insurance claims, product liability, shareholders’ agreements, and the enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards. His practice encompasses a wide range of industry sectors including manufacturing, construction, and energy.
Nicolas regularly appears and advocates cases in the French civil and commercial courts. He also assists clients pre-action to assess their risks and options, and to protect their rights where appropriate through emergency/conservatory proceedings, pre-trial collection of evidence, and expert investigations.
In addition to court litigation, Nicolas is also experienced in arbitration (ICC and EDF) and mediation (ICC and CMAP).
A member of the Paris bar since 2011, Nicolas holds a Master's degree in Theory and Practice of Trials from Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and a Master's degree in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas.
Experience & expertise
- a global truck manufacturer on its claim against a supplier arising from the supply of defective engine parts installed in a large number trucks and buses in Europe, the US and Japan
- a global automotive supplier in a dispute against a major semiconductor manufacturer in relation to the delivery of semiconductors to group entities located in France, Germany, the US, and China in the context of a global semiconductor shortage
- one of the world’s largest suppliers of aerospace and defence equipment in court-supervised expert proceedings aimed at assessing the cause and extent of damage caused to an aircraft engine
- a consortium of major French construction companies on its claims against insurers and the Republic of Congo regarding losses arising from the performance of a contract funded by the European Development Fund (EDF) for the construction of infrastructure in the Republic of Congo
- a consortium of major French construction companies on a dispute against insurers regarding the coverage of losses arising from the performance of a contract for the construction of infrastructure in Egypt
- a listed renewable energy company in several court proceedings in connection with the development and construction of wind farms in France and Morocco
- a global leader in the trading of environmental commodities in several court proceedings relating to the trading of energy savings certificates
- a major French energy company in ICC arbitration and CoRDIS proceedings in relation to the termination of long-term gas transportation agreements with oil and gas majors
- a major US investment management company in court proceedings for the annulment of a USD 485 million arbitral award rendered in a dispute relating to the exploitation of chromium ore fields in Turkey
- nine members of a prominent Turkish family in a USD 68 billion dispute brought by Turkish businessmen in the Paris court over assets and earnings allegedly taken fraudulently from companies they formerly owned