Nick is a London-based Partner specialising in employment and partnership law.
Nick delivers user-friendly and commercial advice on the full spectrum of people-related issues, including in the context of transactions, investigations and disputes in both the Employment Tribunal and High Court.
Nick is recognised in both Chambers and Legal 500, with commentary noting that he is a "highly experienced and capable practitioner" with "very impressive judgement" who is "exceptionally strong technically, extremely responsive, accessible and approachable" as well as "hugely committed and hard-working".
Nick's client base spans a number of sectors but he has a particular specialism in advising professional and financial services businesses on both partnership and employment issues.
Nick has extensive experience of advising international listed and regulated businesses. Nick regularly works closely with colleagues overseas to advise on cross-border matters.
Nick regularly delivers training to clients and peers on various aspects of employment and partnership law.
Nick has previously spent time on secondment to Man Group plc, BG Group plc (now part of Shell) and the firm's office in Hong Kong.
Nick is recognised in both Chambers UK 2024 and Legal 500 UK 2024.
"Nick is a rising star - he is technically excellent with great relationship management skills." Chambers UK 2024
"He is highly commercial and adds real value every time." Chambers UK 2024
Employment Lawyers Association and Association of Partnership Practitioners
Nick read history at the University of Cambridge before completing the GDL and LPC at BPP Law School, London.
Experience & expertise
- a leading UK financial institution on the investigation of, and disciplinary processes related to, alleged mis-selling which was the subject of an FCA review
- a global investment bank on obtaining injunctive relief against an employee suspected of misappropriating and disseminating confidential information to third parties
- KPMG on the carve out, stand up and disposal of its UK restructuring and insolvency advisory business to private equity investor HIG
- a leading global insurance broker, on the establishment of a joint venture with a leading technology and business process outsourcer
- Man Group plc on business and corporate acquisitions including the acquisitions of NewSmith (an LLP) and Aalto Invest
- various professional services businesses on the design and operation of their LLP agreements
- various leading professional services firms on employment law issues including designing and drafting complex service agreements and retention/incentive arrangements, performance management, contentious and non-contentious terminations, restructurings, day-to-day HR advisory matters, handling data subject access requests and team move issues
- an international professional services firm on its defence of several extremely high value claims of victimisation and discrimination
- the administrators of Made.com on the employment aspects of the administration
- Post Office in relation to the successful defence to proceedings issued in the Employment Tribunal by 120 postmasters seeking accrued holiday pay on the basis that they claim to be "workers" under UK employment protection law.
- Sky plc on the employment aspects of its acquisition of Telefonica's UK broadband and fixed line businesses
- Sky plc on the employment aspects of its disposal of its SkyBet business to CVC Capital Partners
- Wesfarmers' on the employment aspects of its acquisition of Homebase