Nick is an Of Counsel based in London specialising in derivatives and structured finance.
Nick focuses on all aspects of derivatives, structured products and derivatives regulation, advising sell-side and buy-side clients.
Nick advises on derivative products in all asset classes, including credit, commodity, interest rate, FX and equity derivatives. His experience ranges from advising large corporates on treasury management transactions to advising banks and borrowers on highly structured financing transaction such as margin loans, strategic equity transactions and structured repo transactions. Nick also frequently supports clients on the hedging and collateral aspects of financings and corporate transactions, including projects, public and private securitisations, mergers and acquisitions and longevity swap transactions. Nick also advises on derivative regulation, including EMIR.
Nick has spent time on secondment as a desk-based lawyer at an international bank, helping to structure and execute transactions and so has direct experience co-ordinating between the business, legal and compliance functions within a large financial institution.
Nick's clients include financial institutions, large corporates, insurance companies, non-bank finance providers and energy companies.
Experience & expertise
- the emerging markets desk of a major European bank on an LNG financing and a structured unfunded hedging transaction with a local bank
- the strategic equities desk of a major European bank as lender on a margin loan to a global investment firm
- a major life insurance and savings group on its suite of master trading, variation margin and initial margin documentation
- a number of non-bank originators on the hedging aspects of public securitisations and private warehouse and forward flow transactions
- an ultra-high net worth family office in respect of strategic equity derivatives to manage their investment portfolio