Niall specialises in employee incentives and remuneration, advising listed and private companies.
Niall specialises in employee incentives and executive remuneration. He advises listed and private clients on the establishment, operation and tax implications of a variety of cash and share-based incentive arrangements. He also advises on the incentives aspects of corporate actions, including takeovers, IPOs, schemes of arrangement, rights issues and demergers.
He also advises clients on corporate governance and remuneration reporting, including on the preparation of directors’ remuneration policies, as well as on the remuneration aspects of executive recruitment and termination. Niall also advises financial institutions on remuneration regulation.
Niall is a member of the Tax-advantaged Share Schemes Committee of Proshare and of the Share Plan Lawyers Group.
Experience & expertise
- Sky on the share plan aspects of the competing takeover offers to acquire Sky by 21st Century Fox and Comcast Corporation
- clients including British Land, L'Oréal and Man Group on the establishment and continued operation of all-employee and discretionary employee incentive plans and related trust arrangements
- clients including BHP, Ferrexpo and Coca Cola HBC on directors' remuneration policies and compliance with the UK remuneration reporting and shareholder approval regime
- British American Tobacco on the operation of its various incentive arrangements in more than 100 countries
- BlueCove, TSB and other financial services clients on compliance with remuneration regulations