Neil is a commercial litigator with expertise in construction and infrastructure disputes, including in the energy, mining and transport sectors.
Neil advises clients across the mining and energy, transportation, major infrastructure, and civil construction sectors. He advises on all aspects of project delivery, claims management and dispute resolution, including matters involving security of payment issues and counterparty solvency concerns.
Neil has acted in proceedings in the Supreme Courts of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, and the Federal Court of Australia. He has also acted in various alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation, expert determination and security of payment adjudications across east coast jurisdictions.
Neil holds a Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) from Monash University and a Bachelor of Business from Monash University.
Neil is qualified as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- acting for sponsors of a renewable energy facility, including assistance with statutory adjudications, litigation and mediation. The litigious proceedings included applications for pre-action discovery and injunctive relief as well as substantive proceedings involving claims for defective work and delay
- acting for project SPV’s in major PPP infrastructure projects in Victoria and New South Wales, including on security of payment concerns and management and preparation of linked claims
- advising renewable energy facility owner in relation to project specific issues as a result of the RCR Tomlinson administration, including recourse to bank guarantees, security of payment concerns and responding to subcontractors’ charges
- acting for a mining client in a judicial review proceeding in relation to a State revenue audit, reaching a commercial settlement
- advising a major contractor in a $15 million security of payment dispute in relation to a large piece of public infrastructure